Saturday, February 01, 2014

#2/1/2014

Lately I have noticed a change. Actually, I have noticed a lot of changes. My body has begun a journey to the betterment of my health - all in the name of Flash Gordon.


 

I have noticed I have increased energy.

I have noticed I do not sweat as easily as I used to.

I have noticed I feel better about myself.

I have noticed I am not embarrassed to take my jacket off in public.

Me on 1/16/14 (L), Me on 2/1/2014 (R)

I have been on the Nutrisystem plan for 17 days - there have been minor setbacks and some extreme cases of frustration, but I have continued to stick with it. Stick with the program that is having a positive influence in my life. 

Because it is worth it.




I am looking forward to additional months on this program including increased activity levels. Much like last night, Heather, Tom, Sue, Darren, Char and I went to the local recreation center to indulge in their pool. This was so much fun because we stayed active the entire time we were in the water, including going up flights of stairs to the water slide, working in the lazy river and playing in the swim lanes. I plan to go back on Monday and attend water aerobics due to it being very low-impacting exercise.


Me on 1/16/14 (L), Me on 2/1/2014 (R)

I am getting used to having smaller portions as well as curbing my cravings. I do not notice I am hungry all the time - in fact, sometimes the portions really fill me up and make me feel the way I used to feel after I gorged on a Dominos medium pan pizza all to myself.

The graphs and trend line I have built that track my progress say I will be under 300 pounds in the next several days and by the time I get to LA for Valentine's Day I should be around 295. I am going to push myself to make that happen.

I do not feel the need to eat everything in sight.

I do not feel the need to indulge in unhealthy eating habits.

I do not feel the level of discouragement I felt only 10 days ago.

I do not feel the need to flee from this habit I am creating - I am getting happier.

My, what a difference 17 days makes. 


Me on 1/16/14 (L), Me on 2/1/2014 (R)

My, what a difference indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.